WebMD published a list of top things (“secrets”) that were scientifically proven as helping live a healthier and longer life.
Most are not new so take this more as a check-list as you’re preparing for your next new year resolution… The slide show is here, but here is the short version of it.
- Don’t smoke
- Drink in moderation
- Eat lots of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and little meat and dairy.
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Use safety gear (e.g. helmet when motor biking)
- Sleep enough
Fairly well known “secrets”:
- Be social, make close friends (and ones that make wise choices) and spend time with them
- Get married
- Get spiritual (religion, mediation, whatever fits you)
- Manage stress
Less well known ones:
- Be conscientious
- Don’t hold grudges, learn to forgive
- Maintain a sense of purpose
Is your check-list complete?